Farm ToursTours of the dairy, processing and bottling facility are available by appointment, limited space available each day. To set up a tour for your group or family, please contact us at (816) 930-3862 or email at email@example.com
Shatto Milk Company schedules tours Tuesday through Saturday throughout the year. On our tours you can:
- See the baby calves (you may possibly get to bottle-feed one yourself).
- Milk a cow.
- Get a first-hand look at where our cows live, what they eat, and how they are milked.
- Learn how our milk is processed (this includes a tour of the processing plant or viewing the actual process, along with a description of each step our milk goes through before it ends up on your table).
- Watch how our wonderful milk is packaged in our famous glass bottles and how those bottles are washed before being re-used.
- Sample many of Shatto Milk Company's tasty products.
When preparing to visit Shatto Milk Company, please remember:
- We do have an area where visitors can have a blanket picnic if desired. These areas are only available when the weather is appropriate and the grass is dry.
- We are a working dairy farm. Comfortable casual attire is suggested.
- Our country store is open seven days a week and will be open for you to browse through all of our products (Gift Certificates and a variety of other items are available).
- We are committed to making your visit to our farm both educational and fun!
Committed to Educating Our YouthOur Belief: Children should have the opportunity to learn that our food (especially milk) is produced on a farm and is not just a product at the local grocery store. Our goal is to make sure that your trip to our farm is a good learning experience where you will have fun and build memories that will last a lifetime!
Our family is pleased to be able to share Shatto Milk Company, a real working farm, with people like you from all over the world.